Skip to content
Other Media and Blogs
Selected articles and reviews
- Roinson, Gaile. "Exhibit aspire to illustrate learning curve," Star -Telegram, 1F, June,7, 2006
- Collins, Phillip, "The Belo Foundation Sculpture Series at the MAC, catalogue.
- Kutner, Janet. Room to shine: 3 year sculpture series to showcase Texas artist, Dallas Morning News, GUIDE, p. 59.
- Harvey Jones, Eleanor. Exhibition Essay, "Portrait and Self, Father and Son" for the Tyler Museum of Art show, "Father and Son: Barney and Martin Delabano".
- Newman, David,, Exhibition Essay, "After the Fall: Mountain of the One Eyed Goat". for Brookhaven College show, "Mountain of the One Eyed Goat."
Rees, Christina. Dallas Observer, "Birthday blow-out", September 24-30, 1998
- Daniel, Mike. Dallas Morning News, Top Attraction: Odd Realities at the Arlington Museum of Art , Weekend Guide, June 20, 1997 p.44.
- Daniel, Mike. Dallas Morning News, "Top Attraction: Martin Delabano and Laura Noland at Conduit", Weekend Guide, June, 7, 1996, p.43.
- Bass, Shermankaye. Dallas Morning News, "Sculptor uses box to spar for attention" May 5, 1995 p.3C.
- Mitchell, Dee. Art in America, January 1994 p.111-112.
- Kutner, Janet. Dallas Morning News, "Persevering with Passion", October 4, 1993, 1-2C.
- Emenhiser, Karen. Dallas Observer, "Bronze Cheer: Delabano is a breath of absurd air", October 14-20, 1993.
- Moody, Tom. Dallas Morning News, "Deep Elum collections in contrast", pp.5C-7C September 24, 1990.
- Marvel, Bill, "Cast Iron Works and Drawings" (Bill's statement written for the show)
Selected books and catalogues
- Nash, Jesse W. . New Orleans Art Review. "Delabano:Exaggerated Man" Vol. VII,no. 4, May/June 1989, p.31.
- Hurlburt, Roger. News & Sun Sentinel. "Exhibit highlights emerging artist". pp. 1D, 2D.
- Kutner, Janet, . Art News. "Martin Delabano - DW" Summer, 1987. p.65.
- Bookhart, Eric. Art Papers."Martin Delabano:Paintings, Drawings and SculptureNovember/December 1986, p.53.
- Marvel, Bill. Dallas Times Herald. "Portrait of the artist as a Pauper" February 16, 1986 pp.C-1, C-4
- Vetocq, Marcia. Art in America."New Orleans: Martin Delabano at Tilden-Foley".February, 1985, pp.144,149.
- Mitchell, Charles Dee. Artspace. "Dallas Notes". Summer, 1985, pp. 68-69.
- Marvel, Bill. Dallas Times Herald."Censored' Presents Banished Art". October 14, 1984, pp.1C, 10C.
- Kutner, Janet. Dallas Morning News. "Texas talent in New York" May 27, 1983, pp. 1C, 3C.
- Marvel, Bill. Dallas Times Herald. "Symbols of Birth and Death".
- Johnson, Patricia. Houston Chronicle. "The Gang from D (as in Dallas and Directionless)". Sunday, June 20, 1982, p.16.
- Abeyta, Ray. New Mexico Daily Lobo. "Show Contains Artist's Real Wings". Albuquerque, New Mexico, December 2, 1981, p.8.
- Marvel, Bill. Dallas Times Herald. April" Adam and Eve' Tossed Out Of City Hall". November 15, 1980, pp.1, 8.
- Prayer Wall, published by A Bird In The Hand Productions and Crusader Publishing, St. John's Episcopal School, Dallas, Texas.
- RECENT WORK, published by A Bird In The Hand Productions, Dallas, Texas.
- Delabano, Martin, In the Garden and since, published by A Bird In The Hand Productions, Dallas, Texas.
- Mitchell, Charles Dee, EXHIBITION IN A BOX, published by A Bird In The Hand Productions, Dallas, Texas.
- Delabano, Martin, 15 years. published by A Bird In The Hand Productions, Dallas, Texas.
- Feldman, Dr. Edmund, Great Enigmas and Personal Myths, Cultural Activities Center, Temple, Texas.
- Marvel, Bill. Martin Delabano: Cast-Iron Works and Drawings , essay written for Hickory Street Annex show of 1990.
- McEvilley, Thomas. Another Reality. Hooks-Epstein Gallery Inc., Houston Texas, 1989, pp.21, 82, 92.
- McKinnon, LuAnne. Narrative Images, Folk Art and Related Contemporary Art. Crescent Gallery, Dallas, Texas, 1987 p.12.
- Jones, Laurel, and Annette DiMeo Carozzi. 50 Texas Artist, Chronicle Books, San Francisco, 1986. pp 13, 32-33.
- Teske, Robert. "Rites of Passage: The Art of Martin Delabano". John Kohler Arts Center Sheboygan, Wisconsin, 1986.
- Lucie-Smith, Edward. "New Art In Texas". American Art Now. William Morrow and Company, Inc., New York, 1985, p.133.
- McNair, Julie, Acting Director of Art League of Houston. Texas Visions. Tranco Energy Company and Museum of Art of the American West, Houston, Texas, December 6, 1985 -January 28, 1986, p. 12.